- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef, cut in small pieces
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp Mediterranean seasoning (Whole Foods mixture)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cans (15 oz each) Cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 cup canned drained corn kernels
Place flour in a shallow bowl and add 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning, and salt and pepper
Dredge the beef chunks in the flour mixture and brown in a frying pan
Place beef on bottom of crock pot
Add onions and celery to the frying pan along with any left over flour mixture and enough broth to create a roux, lightly cook.
Add the onions and celery to the crock pot. Add carrots and peppers, tomatoes, beans, corn, the rest of the broth.
Sprinkle Cajun spice and Mediterranean spice along with a little salt & pepper over ingredients
Cook 5 hours / high heat.