- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cubanelle pepper
- 1 small green pepper (or 1/2 large)
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 3 tsp Chipolte sauce
- 1 can sweet corn niblets
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can kidney beans
- 3 oz Mexican chocolate (I used 1 of the packets in the box)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
Saute onion and Cubanelle pepper in sauce pan.
Add to crock pot
Brown the ground beef with some Worcester Sauce. Drain oil and add to crock pot.
Add remaining ingredients.
Cook on HIGH for 5 hours. (or low for 8)
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef, cut in small pieces
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp Mediterranean seasoning (Whole Foods mixture)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cans (15 oz each) Cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 cup canned drained corn kernels
Ingredients for Beef and Bean stew.
Place flour in a shallow bowl and add 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning, and salt and pepper
Dredge the beef chunks in the flour mixture and brown in a frying pan
Place beef on bottom of crock pot
Add onions and celery to the frying pan along with any left over flour mixture and enough broth to create a roux, lightly cook.
Add the onions and celery to the crock pot. Add carrots and peppers, tomatoes, beans, corn, the rest of the broth.
Sprinkle Cajun spice and Mediterranean spice along with a little salt & pepper over ingredients
Cook 5 hours / high heat.
- medium size beef roast
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 28 oz canned tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
Sprinkle beef with pepper and salt. Place beef in slow-cooker, add onion, pepper, garlic, marjoram, tomatoes. Add broth, keeping a little out to whisk with the flour, add mixed flour to slow-cooker.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.